Cory R. Weck has been with Welebir Tierney & Weck since 2001. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University in 1993 and then attended the University of San Diego School of Law where he earned his J.D. degree in 1996.
Mr. Weck was commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1994. From 1997 to immediately preceding joining the firm, he was a leading trial lawyer for the U.S. Marine Corps and was recognized in 1999 by the American Bar Association as the Top Young Military Lawyer of the Year for the Marine Corps. Mr. Weck also served a tour of duty as a company commander for one of the largest company units in the Marine Corps. He is currently a Major in the Reserves and is the Civil Affairs Officer for the 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force (III MEF) at Okinawa, Japan . In 2012, Major Weck was designated Staff Judge Advocate, 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California.
Mr. Weck’s current practice area focuses on the representation of plaintiffs in personal injury and product liability cases. He is BV® Distinguished™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Weck has been selected as a Southern California Super Lawyers for Personal Injury for 2012.
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- California, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, 1996
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1993
- Street Law, San Diego High School
- Legal Rights of Military Reservists, U.S.M.C.
Honors and Awards:
- American Bar Association: Top Young Military Lawyer of the Year, for the United States Marine Corps
- Top Young Lawyers in Southern California, 2010
- Super Lawyers Rising Star Section, Personal Injury
- Southern California Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Inland Empire Chapter, Consumer Attorneys of California, Vice- President
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
VIEW AAJ MEMBERSHIP VIDEO
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum