Justin S. Kim
Mr. Kim served as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Virginia A. Phillips, U.S. District Judge, Central District of California, in Riverside, California, from 2004 to 2005. He represented the United States as a Trial Attorney with the Tax Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, in Washington, D.C. from 2005 to 2009. He is a member of the California Bar and has practiced before 12 Federal Districts, including the District Courts for the Central District, Southern District and Eastern District of California.Justin S. Kim joined the firm, Welebir | Tierney in August of 2012. He is a 2004 graduate of Yale Law School, where he was Senior Editor of the Yale Law Journal and Editor of the Yale Journal of International Law. Prior to law school, Mr. Kim attended Pacific Union College where he earned a B.S. in Business Administration, a B.S. in History and Government, and a B.A. in Chemistry.
Mr. Kim also worked on congressional investigations as Counsel to the U.S. Senate Impeachment Trial Committee and Counsel to the Democratic staff of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. Mr. Kim currently serves on the board of the Federal Bar Association, Inland Empire Chapter.
His areas of practice are Product Defect Litigation, Bodily Injury Litigation, and Wrongful Death Litigation.
Areas of Practice:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California State Bar, 2004
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of California, 2006
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of California, 2005
- Federal District Court for the Central District of California, 2004
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2012
Practiced Before the Following Federal Courts:
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Southern District of California
- District of Alaska
- District of Colorado
- District of Montana
- District of Nevada
- District of Oregon
- Northern District of Texas
- District of Utah
- Eastern District of Washington
- Western District of Washington
- Yale Law School, New Haven, CT, 2004 J.D.
Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA, 2001
B.S. Business Administration
B.S. History and Government
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Honors and Awards:
- Senior Editor of The Yale Law Journal
- Editor of The Yale Journal of International Law
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The State Bar of California
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
Federal Bar Association, Inland Empire Chapter
- Board Member, 2013- Present
HIGH SPEED REAR END COLLISION – CATASTROPHIC BRAIN INJURY
A car was rear-ended at high speed on a freeway exit, causing the bumper to be pushed into back seat where a 22-year- old ...
DELIVERY TRUCK ACCIDENT – AMPUTATION & BRAIN INJURY
National package delivery truck driver veered from his lane of traffic to on-coming lane and hit head on, drove up, and over ...
MOTORCYCLIST STRUCK BY VAN—SEVERE LOWER LEG INJURY
A school van turned left in front of a motorcyclist, nearly taking off his lower left leg. The accident resulted in a serious ...