Shelly L. Zeise joined the firm in July of 2010 after nearly 20 years of trial practice primarily on behalf of defendants. It was in that practice where she met and opposed the lawyers of Welebir Tierney & Weck who then recruited her to join them representing injured plaintiffs.
She received her Bachelor of Arts degree, with highest honors, from Northern Arizona University in 1983, and then attended the University of La Verne College of Law where she earned her J.D. degree in 1989.
She began her practice, limiting it to insurance defense, with a major Inland Empire law firm where Mr. Tierney also practiced. After 19 years representing defendants, she has embraced “changing sides” and now vigorously represents plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Ms Zeise is an active member the Riverside and San Bernardino County Bar Associations, the California Bar Association and the Arizona Bar Association. She is also a member of Consumer Attorneys of California. She has been admitted to practice in all courts, state and federal, in both California and Arizona. She is also admitted to the United States Supreme Court.
Ms. Zeise is a native of San Bernardino, California and raised her family in the Redlands. She is active in the community and has assisted and coordinated numerous social activities for Inland Empire firms as well as the Attorney General’s Office of Arizona. She has participated in the United Way Campaign and has assisted in the San Bernardino County Bar Association’s toy drive for children.
Ms. Zeise is rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell.
Ms. Zeise has also become board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocates. Ms. Zeise was also selected as a “Woman of Distinction for 2011″ by Inland Empire Magazine.
Year Joined Organization:
Areas of Practice:
- 100% Personal Injury-Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- California, 1990
- Arizona, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- University of LaVerne College of Law, La Verne, California, 1989
- Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona, 1983
Honors:Magna Cum Laude
- State of Arizona-Police & Probation Department
- Child Services & ASU
- Litigation & Statute of Limitations, University of California Riverside-1996
- Civil Litigation
- Judge, Riverside County Department of Education’s 2011 Mock Trial Competition
Honors and Awards:
- American Jurisprudence Award-Criminal Law
- American Jurisprudence Award-U.C.C.
- American Jurisprudence Award-Contracts
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ Women Lawyers by Martindale Hubbell
- Selected as a “Woman of Distinction for 2011” by Inland Empire Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The State Bar of California
- Arizona State Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Rank: Member
- Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocates
- Inland Empire Legal Association of Women (IE LAW)
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- National Board of Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy
Past Employment Positions:
- Gilbert, Kelly, Crowley & Jennett, Sr. Associate, 1997 – 2010
- Klute & Pennell, Senior Associate, 1993 – 1997
- Stockdale, Peckham & Werner, Associate, 1988 – 1993