Prescription drugs are a part of daily life for millions of people all over the world. When you swallow a drug prescribed by your doctor, you trust that he or she and the drug manufacturer are working in your best interests.
Before a drug manufacturer is allowed to market its drugs to the public, they must test their products extensively to ensure that it is safe for human consumption and to learn of any side effects associated with the drug.
For the most part, the drugs, when used in accordance with medical guidelines and prescribed by a doctor, can maintain health and sustain life.
However, when medication is abused, drugs can produce harmful side effects equal to the side effects of illegal drugs such as cocaine and heroin. In addition, if taken for an extended period of time, they can result in serious health consequences, not to mention addiction.
Are you taking any of these drugs? How long have you taken the drug? Do you have any side effects?
- Prednisone – can result in hypertension, osteoporosis, peptic ulcers, intestinal bleeding, diabetes, cataracts
- Cholesterol reduction statins – can result in liver toxicity, muscle inflammation, cataracts
- Blood thinners – can result in severe bleeding from a small cut or scratch – or causing death from excessive blood loss
- Prozac – can result in constant agitation, suicidal thoughts, violent behavior
- ADD/ADHD medication – can result in severe psychological dependency, insomnia, hostility
- Pain medication – can cause potentially life-threatening situations, such as a slow heart rate and breathing problems
- Arthritis drugs – can result in stomach upset, gastrointestinal bleeding, kidney and/or liver damage
When a pharmaceutical company released drugs that do not work as intended, they may be liable for the resulting injuries. If you or a family member has suffered due to unsafe medication of defective pharmaceuticals, it is important that you take action against the company that put the drugs in your hands.
Whether you have a medical malpractice case or a dangerous pharmaceuticals case, the experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorneys at Welebir Tierney & Weck can help you seek justice for unnecessary suffering.