A playground is a place where you will always see children actively playing, running, laughing, but it is not always all fun and games. In study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention every year in the United States, emergency rooms treat more than 200,000 children ranging in ages 14 and younger for playground related injuries.
A few more facts…
- 45% of these playground-related Injuries are internal injuries, severe fractures, concussion, dislocations, and sadly amputations.
- 75% of these injuries are related to playground equipment on public playgrounds: School and Daycare Centers.
- 20% died from falls to the playground surface, but most of these deaths 70% occurred on home playgrounds.
We all have a clear understanding that at any given moment all children who use playgrounds are at risk for injuries. Children ages 5-9 visit the emergency room due to playground related injuries, most of these injuries happening at school.
Parents Know The Risk Factors
- In public playgrounds, more injuries happen in the climbers.
- On home playgrounds the swings are responsible for the most injuries.
- It was also found that playgrounds in low-income areas have poor playground equipment maintenance, which makes all equipment a hazard.
Has you’re child suffered severe injuries due to faulty playground equipment, poor maintenance in public playgrounds needs to be addressed. Child safety should never be put to the side. If you are not sure of what to do? or who is liable? are you stressed over the piling medical bills? Speak to a personal injury & accident attorney, they can best advice you, and help you hold those responsible for your child’s injuries by ensuring you are compensated.
At Welebir | Tierney APLC, we have experienced, dedicated trail lawyers who are ready to defend your case, improper maintenance of equipment results in defective playground equipment. Contact our firm and speak to one of our attorneys, after we discuss your child’s injuries we can help you determine if you have a case. We offer a free initial consultation.